Best Organic Teas for NauseaFiled Under Nausea Articles | No comments
Some of the best remedies for nausea and upset stomach are organic teas. There are several which have been shown to reduce or eliminate nausea from illness, morning sickness, chemotherapy, and other causes. Some of the best organic teas for nausea include:Whether you’re carrying a virus or a baby in your tummy, the nausea that accompanies it is probably an unwelcome guest. If you’re like many of us, you want to find natural forms of relief. Medicine has its place, but natural, organic remedies are better when they’re available. This is especially for those who are suffering from morning sickness, since any medication you take could have an effect on your baby.
- Ginger Tea. Ginger can actually be used in many forms to treat nausea. Studies suggest that it’s as effective as leading anti-nausea medications. Organic ginger tea is readily available from organic food stores. Alternately, you can finely chop fresh, organically grown ginger root and boil it to make your own tea. In addition to treating nausea, ginger tea has a soothing effect.
- Lemon Grass Tea. Lemon grass has strong antibacterial qualities. In addition to treating nausea, it is good for the GI tract. It also helps with certain skin problems and cramps.
- Licorice Tea. Licorice tea has long been used in a number of cultures to treat nausea. It is known for working quickly. In addition to treating nausea, organic licorice tea is good for treating ulcers and several other problems in the digestive system.
- Peppermint Tea. Like ginger, peppermint can be used in many forms to treat nausea. The oils in the plant have naturally soothing effects on the stomach and mind. It is particularly effective because the aroma of peppermint is also known to soothe nausea.
- Chamomile Tea. Chamomile tea is effective against nausea and calming. It is particularly suitable for nausea caused by nervousness or anxiety.
These are only a few of many organic teas which can be used to treat nausea. In fact, most kinds of tea are effective against nausea. When taking tea for nausea, it’s best to avoid caffeinated teas, as these can actually upset some people’s stomachs.