When your head’s in the toilet and all you did to bring it on was wake up, chances are you aren’t thinking about a roll in the hay. After all, isn’t that kinda what got you here in the first place? Still, some suggest that more sex might lead to less morning sickness. At the very least, it’s a home remedy your partner will definitely want to help with.
The idea that more sex can lead to less morning sickness isn’t exactly new, though it has gained traction in recent years. The basic idea of how sex (and oral sex in particular) can help reduce morning sickness goes something like this:
- When you are impregnated, your body essentially takes on a foreign substance (the half of the baby made up of your partner’s chromosomes).
- Your body interprets this much like it would foreign substances in food poisoning…with much the same results.
- Once your body gets used to the “foreign” substance inside you, it adjusts and you no longer get sick.
- Here’s the real kicker: taking in more of the same chromosomes (in your partner’s semen) helps acclimate your body, leading to les morning sickness.
- Perhaps the best part (or at least your partner will think so) is that this is one of those “more is better” remedies.
It’s worth noting that experts are divided on whether or not there’s any credence to the idea that more sex will lead to milder or less frequent morning sickness. As with many other morning sickness remedies, most of the evidence supporting the idea is purely anecdotal. There has not been a great deal of scientific research conducted to confirm it.
Like any other morning sickness remedy, there’s no guaranteeing whether it will work for you. With that said, though, it’s worth a try. At the very worst, you’ll figure out it doesn’t work for you and have a couple of less-than-average lovemaking sessions. At best, you could make you tummy and your partner feel better at the same time. Who knows? It might even be good for you.